Google Takeout is a service that backs up all of your Google account data to a file that you may then download to your computer for transferring to a different system, or for archival purposes.
NOTE: though Google may export all your data, the files created *may* not directly import into another program. The backed up file formats used by Takeout are the most common however.
- go to https://takeout.google.com/ in your web browser, use your PSI Google account to sign-in if prompted.
- we will see a page listing all Google services and products with slider buttons such as this:
- you may choose what you want backed up by moving the slider buttons.
- not everything is necessary, but we suggest choosing: Calendar, Chrome, Contacts, Drive, Photos, Google Play Store, Groups, Hangouts, Hangouts on Air, Mail, Maps, Maps (your places), Profile and Saved.
- click the "NEXT" button
- the default selections on this page are fine, so click "CREATE ARCHIVE":
- in a few minutes your should receive and email from Google in your gmail inbox that looks like:
- click "DOWNLOAD ARCHIVE" and it will save a ZIP file to your computer, that's it! Your Google data has been backed up.